I would love to write my yearly review on this blog. Hopefully it would help me to keep track my goal in the future.
What Went Well?
- Just finished my college
- My final year project doing well
- Joined hackathon at Magic
- Got an internship at startup
- Brave to meet with my freelance client
- Join bitcoin to the moon 🌙
What When Wrong?
- Can’t sustain my freelance sales.
- Failed to write more on my blog
- Failed to consistent update budget daily.
- Burn out on my freelance.
- My final year project doing well. I learned a lot from this project. My core skill in this project was using Laravel and JS library. Working with a lot of relation table and create a rest API a new thing for me.
- Failed to write more on my blog. I’m not a big fan of writing because my English not so good. I’m trying my best to improve it. I would love to double down on this goal this year.
- Failed to consistent update budget daily. Having a budget is a must for someone like me. Last year I failed to do it because my expenses were getting messy. Previously, I used YNAB for budgeting and moved to Spendee because this app has a great design, but it doesn’t work for my finance. So, I revert to YNAB (in September) and now I still consistently update daily my expenses.
- Join bitcoin to the moon. I’m a bit late in this cryptocurrency hype. I decide to join it last September to invest in bitcoin. Right now, my money has doubled 🤑. For sure, I’ve cashed out my bitcoin. It’s so risky
- Brave to meet with my freelance client. This was new to me. I’m an introvert person. I don’t have any guts to meet the client. Previously, most of the details happen through phone calls or online message. This is getting out from my comfort zone and its working.
- Can’t sustain my freelance sales. My sales for 2017 was lower than 2016. I’m very busy with my final year project for half of the year and focus on my internship.
- Rebrand my website. Previously, I presented as a company while I’m the only one in the company 😅. I rebranded my website and bought a new domain to represent myself. Surprisingly, the sales going up.
- Burn out on my freelance. Since I’ve rebrand my website, I got several gigs. Since, I have a full-time job, working on multiple freelance gigs going to make me burn out. It’s hard for me to say NO every gig comes in.
- Finished my college. I’m done with my studies. No more going to class and study for the bullshit exam.
- Got an internship at a startup. During searching for internship placement, I have several criteria needs to follow before I apply the position which are the small company, startup, front-end developer and flexible working hour. I’m not a guy apply for a job through a job listing site and pump my resume or CV. I only apply to the company that I could learn.
My goals for 2018
- Quit my corporate job. Change to other company or going fulltime freelancer.
- Reach my financial goal for my part-time freelancer ~RM24,000 by the end of this year.
- Treat my financial budget as my everyday routine.
- At least update one blog post every month. Total minimum 12 blogs by the end of this year.
- Build one microsite every month. This is for my learning process. I’ve built two microsites since last December.
- Get a healthy lifestyle. Okay, this was hard for me.